As a life-long resident of South Florida, Liza Mendez has a full understanding and appreciation of the Miami-Dade and Broward County real estate market. Beyond just living and loving Miami-Dade and Broward, Liza has been a local real estate expert since 1982. She graduated from the University of Miami in 1985 with a BBA in Marketing.
With over 31 years of experience, Liza has benefited from the experience of being involved in a family-owned business. Pedro Realty, Inc. was started by her father, Pedro F. Hernandez over 43 years ago. Pedro started in the real estate business in 1968 and was one of the first successful Hispanic real estate business owners in South Florida. He continues to be active in the business and provides invaluable advice and experience to the current operations. Her dad originates from Cuba and her mom from Panama.
The company now operates as Pedro Realty International serving all of Miam-Dade county and portions of southwest Broward county.
Fluent in both English and Spanish, Liza has dedicated her career to helping those with residential, commercial, property management and international real estate needs in Miami-Dade and Broward. She continues to educate herself, garnering a variety of important designation within the real estate industry by going above and beyond the minimum education necessary to maintain a real estate license. She has taken classes, attended seminars and workshops to gain more insight in the real estate markets she serves and provide ultimate service to her clients.
During the course of her career, Liza has been recognized as the 1999 REALTOR® of the year for RAMB (REALTOR® Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches) and served as the organization’s Residential President in 2003. In addition, she has served as a consultant for a film on the Miami real estate investor market, teaches the Code of Ethics class for Miami Association Of Realtors, appeared on Univision and Telemundo television networks for real estate commentaries and information, served as media spokesperson for the National Association of REALTORS®, served as a speaker on a panel of professional women for National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP). Liza is certified to teach the Quadrennial Code of Ethics training for the Miami Association of Realtors.
In 2014, Liza is serving as Chairman of the Board for the Miami Association of Realtors - the largest Realtor Association in the United States as well as serving on the Corporate Board of Governors for the NAHREP - the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals. She is also part of the executive committee for the NAHREP South Florida Chapter. During 2013, Liza was listed as one of the Top 250 Hispanic Real Estate Agents.
Liza's current industry designations include:
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) – This designation is considered the "master's degree of real estate." Every CRS Designee must have a proven track record in the business, as well as advanced education in related areas like finance, technology and marketing. The training available to CRS Designees includes a strong focus on technology and its applications in the real estate business. A CRS designation is awarded by the Residential Sales Council.
- CRB (Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager) – The CRB designation is recognized throughout the industry as the symbol of excellence in brokerage management. In order to be eligible for the CRB designation, candidates must have been directly responsible for the effective management of a real estate business as an active principal in a brokerage management capacity, or in a real estate related management position for a minimum of two consecutive years which may be acquired while enrolled in the CRB Management Certification Program. In addition, at least 18 course units are required. The CRB designation is awarded by the Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council.
- GRI (Graduate, REALTOR® Institute) – GRI is a nationally professional real estate designation. This designation may only be earned after successfully completing a rigorous educational program that includes 92 hours of live course instruction from a statewide faculty selected because of extensive experience in their own areas of expertise. This designation is available only to members of the local, state and National Association of REALTORS®.
- CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist) – A CIPS is awarded by the CIPS Network through the National Association of REALTORS® and local REALTOR® organizations.
- CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) -
- CIAS -(Certified Investor Agent Specialist)
- A-REO -